Therapy for Depression
It’s not unusual to have one of those days when you want to crawl back into bed, pull the covers over your head, and hide from the world. Everyone has a case of the blues from time to time—but if you have persistent feelings of sadness or helplessness for more than two weeks, you may be suffering from depression.
Anyone can become depressed. Unfortunately, depression makes you want to isolate, to struggle with you intense feelings alone. Depression is deceptive: it lies to you. It makes you feel like there is no hope. ”Why bother?” you may ask, “What’s the point?”
Be honest with yourself as you read the following checklist. How many of these symptoms apply to you?
- Sadness throughout the day, nearly every day
- Loss of interest in or enjoyment of your favorite activities
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Change in appetite or weight
- Trouble making decisions?
- Fatigue or lack of energy?
- Trouble concentrating?
- Excessive or inappropriate feelings of guilt?
Are You Seeking Counseling?
I am professional counselor, licensed by the State of Texas. If you are interested in meeting with me, I offer a 30-minute free consultation. Studies suggest that the one of the most important healing factors in therapy is a good personality match. We can use this time to talk about what’s troubling you and see if I am the best person to fit your needs. To schedule an appointment, please send me an email. I’d like to help.